Wednesday, February 6, 2013

To Be with Him

I was walking from school when I saw their little faces light up. All the way down the street I watched as they jumped off the wall they had been playing on. With some curious onlookers, I crouched down right where I was and waited while they ran the distance of the street. As they ran the street my eyes teared up and I opened my arms. I laughed as they about knocked me over in their excitement as I hugged and kissed them. These were some of my precious street kids that I hadn't seen in several weeks. In that simple unexpected, undefined moment; I felt the love of Jesus. My heart was blessed as they grabbed my hands and walked with me; wanting nothing but love and attention as they talked a mile a minute. My heart smiled.

I thought of Jesus and the delight when we run to him with no expectation, need, or want but to sit in his attention and love. When we willingly and enthusiastically run to him; eager to just be with him. And I wonder... how often do I run to him for no purpose but to treasure time with him or do I only go when I have a request. I am thankful for His Grace and Mercy which overflows my shortcomings but Oh Lord- help me to run to you just to BE with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment