Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sacrifice to Blessing

It's been a whirlwind three months since I have even considered blogging...so much for my new resolve to blog more frequently! But here is what I have learned these months. God is faithful and God is good, He lavishly pours blessing out on His children. It took me a long time to believe that my God; the creator of the world, cared so intimately about me... a sinner in desperate need of His Grace.

Somewhere in the last year, my heart changed. I began to cling to His promise and embrace the truth of His Love! As my heart changed I began to change...my time with Him became so intimately precious and rejuvenating. Going home this summer was treasured weeks. The Lord's outpouring of blessing. I met my handsome nephew, was refreshed in spirit, and was able to continuously declare who my sweet and Holy God is. I couldn't have asked or dreamed of more.




Now I am back and oh how precious it is. It is time filled, feet tired, and brain swamped moments and yet it is also joy filled, hope resounding, and love overflowing declarations. I have begun to realize that often times, the moments that I look up on as "great sacrifices" have turned into "great blessing." Some of the most difficult and painful moments have led to the sweetest and most rewarding endeavors. Coming to South Asia being one of them. As I boarded the plane for the second time I was overcome with the change of the second time around. The first time was sad, ok I teared up a little, and overwhelmed with all that I was leaving behind. But this time, I smiled as I anticipated what laid ahead. Knowing, because it always is, going to be much different than I expected (and it is). I looked with anticipation because the Lord has shown me that whatever is ahead He is faithful and worthy.The most "sacrificial moments" in my life have put me in a place to receive His precious blessing. So I look ahead....to whatever the Lord has.... knowing that when I feel the most "sacrificial" I am just being set up to receive the Great Blessing of knowing Him.

"Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it."   1 Thessalonians 5: 23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment